Conor McGregor's Manager Issues Statement on Media Day Rampage

Adjust Comment Print

The UFC released full, professionally shot video showing Conor McGregor's rampage at the Barclays Center - in which he threw around a bunch of large objects and launched a hand-truck through the window of a bus carrying MMA fighters. Following McGregor's takeaway, McGregor mentioned his frustration on social media but then made a decision to crash the UFC 223 media event in, reportedly, a response for another incident that happened between his ally Artem Lobov and Nurmagomedov. And we'll see where the UFC stands on this in a few months. And, he would face 3 charges for assault on Friday. Chiesa later said on Twitter that the New York State Athletic Commission determined he would not be allowed to fight on Saturday.

Also charged with criminal mischief in the attack was Cian Cowley, who was alleged to have thrown a metal chair at one of the buses' windows. He reportedly traveled to NY just to confront a fighter that will be fighting at UFC 223 at the Barclays Center. He appeared before Kings County Judge Consuelo Mallafre-Melendez in the hearing in Brooklyn Criminal Court.

Both men had been on the "red corner" bus that had been attacked by McGregor and several of his crew on Thursday afternoon and, 24 hours later, they had been pitched together.

Conor McGregor was released Friday on $50,000 bail for felony criminal mischief and other charges. That bus also contained Ray Borg, who's fight has also been cancelled due to fragments of glass getting in to his eye.

The incident saw a bus being damaged and two UFC fighters were allegedly injured.

Arsenal Thrash Ahmed Musa's CSKA In Europa
Atletico, the 2010 and 2012 Europa League winners, have now won their past nine matches at the Wanda Metropolitano. But Felipe Anderson and Ciro Immobile, who has now scored 37 goals this season, put Lazio in control of the tie.

Footage emerged earlier this week, showing McGregor and his entourage attacking a bus containing fighters, including lightweight rival Khabib Nurmagomedov.

White appeared on the ESPN program "Get Up" recently and said he and Conor were working on a new deal.

By the time Russia's Nurmagomedov and Iaquinta face off across the Octagon in Brooklyn, 511 days will have passed since McGregor won the title from Eddie Alvarez across the bridge at the Madison Square Garden in Manhattan in November 2016.

He did, however, fight and lose to Floyd Mayweather Jr in a money-spinning boxing match in August 2017.

"This is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in the history of the company", White told MMAjunkie, adding later, "This was a real bad career move for him". "He's working on boxing Floyd Mayweather and then he's talking about fighting Khabib in Russian Federation right after".

Comments