National Basketball Association reviewing sexual assault allegations made against Mark Cuban in 2011

Adjust Comment Print

Cuban also denied the allegations in an email to the paper.

Bass said, via The Associated Press, that the league is also reviewing subsequent findings from the Portland police investigation.

Cuban, who bought the Mavericks back in 2000 and is one of the country's richest men, was accused of sexual assault back in April of 2011 after an alleged incident that took place at a venue called the Barrel Room in Portland, Oregon. The entire conversation is worth reading, but Cuban was adamant he was innocent and expressed concern over how he would ever prove it. Cuban fully denies the accusation, which surfaced in the Willamette Week after the publication obtained a 50-page police report about an alleged incident for which prosecutors never filed charges.

Last month, Sports Illustrated published a report describing an insensitive Mavericks front office that included inappropriate behavior by former team president Terdema Ussery and the team allowing beat writer Earl Sneed to remain on the staff despite allegations of domestic violence.

Houze, Cuban's attorney, also gave authorities the results of a polygraph examination and the opinion of two medical experts that Rees said provided evidence against the woman's claims.

However, when contacted by Willamette Week she maintained that Cuban had assaulted her.

Supreme Court delivers ruling on right to life
The Minister intends to bring a memo to Cabinet with the final wording of the Referendum Bill shortly. Pro Life Campaign legal adviser, Professor William Binchy said ...

Prosecutors reportedly said the woman decided in the end not to pursue the allegation. "I stand behind that report 1,000%".

"These allegations are thoroughly investigated by the Multnomah County District's Attorney's Office and the Portland Police Bureau", Houze said in the statement.

"In summary, there is no evidence to corroborate the complainant's statement and there is evidence contradicting the claim", the memo concluded.

"Because all leads have been exhausted and there remains a lack of physical or substantial circumstantial evidence", Portland Police Detective Brendan McGuire wrote July 28, 2011, "I recommend the case be suspended".

According to the report, Cuban was in town in May 2011 when he went to a local nightclub where the alleged victim, who did not want to be named, approached him for a photo.