Man Bites Smartphone Battery, Seems Shocked When It Explodes in His Face

Adjust Comment Print

A man wanted to test the quality of an iPhone battery in a store in China-so naturally, he bit it.

Taiwan News said that no one was injured by the explosion, but that many others in the store were startled.

Taiwan News also reported that the customer was at the store buying a replacement battery for his iPhone, and that because Chinese electronics stores often carry fake Apple products, the man was probably biting it as a way to test its authenticity.

In the video, the man was seen putting the component into his mouth and biting into it, resulting in a sudden fiery blast.

Miocic makes history with latest title defence
Miocic drove the challenger up against the fence to run out the clock, sending the fight to the judges. In his last fight prior to UFC 220 , he'd scored a thunderous KO win over Alistair Overeem at UFC 218.

iPhone has been offering to replace the older batteries with new ones at just $29 instead of the usual $79.

It is unclear why the man made a decision to chew on the battery. Amazingly, no one was hurt in this incident. In a somewhat predictable turn of events, the battery exploded into a ball of flames.

At first glance, the man seems like just another insane Tide Pod Challenge nut.

Regardless whether the incident was authentic or not, the lesson to be learned here is, if the item is obviously not edible, please do not ever bite it. According to the site Digital Trends, there are three primary ways to trigger a smartphone battery malfunction: overheating, overcharging, and applying large amounts of pressure to the device.

Comments