Texas father changes story about toddler's death

Adjust Comment Print

Police in Texas have not ruled out the possibility of more arrests in the mysterious death of a 3-year-old Indian girl even as her foster father is facing a charge that carries the possibility of a life sentence.

Wesley, 37, said that when he checked on her 15 minutes later, she was gone. Five hours after Sherin disappeared, he called police. He had previously claimed that Sherin went missing after he sent her outside their home at around 3 am on October 7 as a punishment for not drinking her milk. However, he made the $250,000 bond and, as a condition of his release, Mathews surrendered his passport and agreed to wear an electronic ankle monitoring device.

Police have charged the adoptive father of a three-year-old Indian girl in her death after he admitted that the child choked while he was making her drink milk and died in their home in Texas, according to court documents.

She then "began to choke". "She was coughing and her breathing slowed".

Manchester United beat Swansea City in Carabao Cup fourth round
It was a sensational finish and the goal not only doubled United's lead but also doubled Lingard's tally for the game. Crystal Palace gained no respite from their Premier League struggles as they were beaten 4-1 away to Bristol City .

The police have said Sherin was small for her age and it wasn't unusual for her to eat in the middle of the night to gain weight. Police charged him Monday with first-degree felony injury to a child. "Every time I see my daughter, I see this girl in her face", said Faeza Bedru, who has a 3-year-old of her own. The news of her murder has evoked sharp and angry reactions from people over how parents treat children. Mathews and his wife Sini had adopted Sherin two years ago from an orphanage in Bihar.

Richardson Police Department sergeant Kevin Perlich told reporters that they had previously searched the area near the culvert where Mathews' body was found on Sunday but had come up empty-handed. The Nalanda district police superintendent Sudheer Kumar Porikha said that in most case, the authorities were not informed when kids were adopted from child care centers. WFAA reported Federal Bureau of Investigation agents removed nearly 50 items from the Mathews' home including trash bags, five cell phones, three laptops, a tablet, a digital camera, tax returns, medical bills, plus a pink blanket and T-shirt. Sini also helped police to recognize the body of Sherin. She has reportedly not cooperated with the police since the weekend of October 7.

State Child Protective Services removed Wesley and Sini Mathews' 4-year-old biological daughter from their home soon after Sherin was reported missing.

The Mathews' had adopted Sherin in June 2016 after she was abandoned in her native country of India, the Dallas News reported. It was confirmed Tuesday that it was the little girl's remains that were found, CNN reported.