Baxter had apparently aspirated the toy cone more than four decades earlier.
A man who inhaled a Playmobil cone that was lodged in his lung for 40 YEARS has spoken out about his ordeal. Finally, the 47-year-old from the United Kingdom went to a clinic-and got the surprise of his life.
Medics suspected the patient - a long-term smoker - had a tumour when scans showed a tumour on his lung.
The unidentified handyman, who lives in the United Kingdom, was suffering with coughing and mucus after being treated for pneumonia, and when doctors looked at X-rays of his lungs, they found something in his right lung that looked like a malignant tumour. As its name suggests, the report concerns a suspected tumour that turned out to be a "long lost Playmobil traffic cone" the unnamed patient received as a birthday present at seven years old.
However, during a bronchoscopy, doctors did not detect any signs of cancer.
Medicos therefore chose to take a look at that nasty something and found a Playmobil traffic cone in the midst of the mess.
US Joint Chiefs Chairman: Iran Honoring Nuclear Deal
But critics continued to question how the medical issues related to gender reassignment can be compatible with military deployment.
Only one other case has remained undetected for 20 years, according to the report.
Paul Baxter, 50, who was identified in local news reports, said Thursday morning on BBC Breakfast that the doctors "managed to pull it up - and it came up and it came up and we were watching it on the screen and nobody could tell what it was".
Four months after the procedure, they reported that the man's cough had "almost entirely settled".
Undoubtedly, safety standards and parenting approaches were considerably laxer 40 years ago, but Denny says there really isn't anything new to be learned from this case. They speculate that because the man inhaled the cone so young, his airway "was able to remodel and adapt to the presence of this foreign body".
Children may not be able to give accurate descriptions of what happened before the cough, nor the symptoms that developed, so it is safest for parents to seek immediate medical attention, said Munavvar.