Roswell teen rushed to hospital from LSU fraternity, dies

Adjust Comment Print

The autopsy of an LSU freshman whose death is being investigated by authorities as a hazing incident showed that the 18-year-old had a highly elevated blood-alcohol level, according to East Baton Rouge Coroner Beau Clark.

Maxwell Gruver, a first-year student from Georgia, died after being rushed to the hospital for an unspecified "medical emergency".

Bob Biggs, the chief executive at Phi Delta Theta, said the fraternity is "committed to investigating this situation thoroughly".

According to Clark, Gruver was driven to the hospital in a private vehicle from the Phi Delta Theta fraternity house and was later pronounced dead.

The LSU Police Department is investigating the death.

An autopsy was performed on Friday and the preliminary results stated that no internal or external trauma was noted.

United Kingdom terror arrests hit record high in wake of attacks
The number of people arrested was not made available in Wednesday's release, nor would the Home Office provide it when asked. Domestic terrorism refers to activity where there are no links to either Northern Ireland-related or global terrorism.

LSU officials are now investigating his death as a possible hazing incident at a fraternity house.

LSU President F. King Alexander announced all Greek Life activities would be suspended while...

"There are allegations that Maxwell's death was related to hazing, but I want to emphasize that this is an evolving situation", said the university's president. Hazing is risky, irresponsible and unacceptable.

We are deeply saddened to inform you that Maxwell Gruver, Class of 2017, passed away today unexpectedly.

It added that any "individuals who are found to have violated our policies will be held accountable". Officials say the fraternity, which is on the university campus, did not have any registered events with the school on Wednesday.

"LSU officials are aware of an incident that occurred last night involving a fraternity", LSU spokesman Ernie Ballard told The Advocate. "As a result, all, I mean all Greek activities are suspended indefinitely pending the results of a thorough investigation".